Steer Clear of These Fattening Drinks This Holiday Season
Anyone who has tried to lose weight or stick to a long-term nutrition plan knows that the holidays are a minefield. From sugary cocktails to festive treats, there are hundreds if not thousands of opportunities to cheat, indulge, and undo months of hard work and self-discipline. Doing so is even more tempting when it comes to holiday drinks, which are Trojan horses for fat and sugar.
If you’re watching your waistline this holiday season, be sure to steer clear of these popular holiday drinks:
- Hot chocolate: 400+ calories, high in sugar, high in sodium, made more fatty and sugary when whipped cream and marshmallow toppings are in the mix (Powdered mixes are typically better, though still high in calories, fat, sodium, and sugar.)
- Pumpkin spice latte: 450+ calories, high in sugar, high in fat, typically contains no real pumpkin
- Hot buttered rum: 300+ calories, high in fat (contains actual butter), high in sugar (especially when vanilla ice cream is involved)
- Peppermint mocha: 500+ calories, high in fat, and typically contains nearly 70 grams of sugar
- Eggnog: 400+ calories, high in sugar, often contains between 20 and 30 grams of fat
In addition to avoiding these classic drinks, there is much you can do to stay at a healthy weight during the holidays, and it all starts with making and sticking to a plan. Many people start their fitness journey by trying out fad diets and end up frustrated due to lack of support and forethought—but that doesn’t have to be your story.
Weight Loss Doctors in Fort Worth
At Primary Care Associates of Texas, we understand weight loss, and we can help set you up for success. Our skilled Fort Worth weight loss physicians can evaluate your overall health and personal goals and help you create (and stick to) a diet and exercise that is uniquely your own. By bringing a medical professional with you on your fitness journey, you increase your chances of achieving and maintaining a healthier weight.
Call today to speak with a weight loss doctor in Fort worth or click to book an appointment online.